Volunteer Behavioral Health Care System was established to bring together behavioral health professionals dedicated to caring for our communities. Covering over 11,000 square miles in Tennessee, VBHCS provides a continuum of services to meet the needs of over one million Tennesseans.
Our Mission is to serve individuals, families and communities through prevention, treatment and recovery services, ensuring that help today leads to a better tomorrow.
Leading the behavioral health field with innovations in prevention, treatment and recovery for individuals and families which promote the wellbeing of our communities.
- We believe that behavioral health is an essential part of each person’s overall wellbeing.
- We believe in honoring the dignity, values and culture of the individuals we serve.
- We believe that recovery is possible.
- We believe in integrated services to meet the needs of individuals with mental illness, addiction and co-occurring disorders.
- We believe that mental illness, addiction and co-occurring disorders are preventable and early detection is important.
- We believe our employees must be well trained, enthusiastic, competent and loyal in order to be successful.
- We believe in innovative approaches to evidence-based treatment and recovery.
- We believe in the responsibility of our organization to provide cost-effective care.