Why do I Feel Like Everyone is Trying to Upset me?Thu, Jan 5th 2012
I go through stages every few months where I feel completely over emotional and really upset. I feel like all the people around me are actually trying to piss me off or upset me even though I know they aren't because they couldn't care less about how down I have been. I feel really left out and ignored. I'm not an attention seeker, I really hate people like that, but I feel abandoned by those I thought would care. Small little things really bother me and make me so angry. I'm glad I have enough self control not to punch someone out for every small thing that sets me off. Then, after all this emotion and upset for about a week or two, I'll be fine again for another few months.
What is wrong with me?
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Dr. Schwartz responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Schwartz intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Schwartz to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Schwartz, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Schwartz and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.